Despite restrictions easing, the pandemic is still having an impact on our day to day lives, not least when it comes to travel.
If you are planning on driving in Europe, we strongly recommend that you check the latest FCO advice before travelling.
In addition, it is important to be aware of the requirements for the country/countries that you intend to visit, as well as those in place for your return to the UK from these areas.
We continue to provide our European breakdown policies for those customers wishing to drive to Europe. However, please be aware that where local restrictions remain in place, there may be an impact to local services:
- Recovery may take longer than usual
- As a result of Covid, hire vehicle companies have reduced their fleet and have not bought any new vehicles. With fewer vehicles available, we unfortunately cannot guarantee like for like, or that there will be a hire vehicle available for you
- There may be delays in sourcing suitable hotel accommodation due to local closures / limited availability
- There may be delays in collecting your vehicle after being repaired, during which time storage costs could be incurred
Despite the possible disruption, we will do all that we can to assist you in the event of a breakdown.
We advise that you ensure you have the correct travel insurance policy in place for your trip to Europe.
Offering greater peace of mind for those travelling to Europe, starttravel.co.uk has introduced.COVID-19 Protect. This cover is for specific issues relating to COVID-19, including cancellation, curtailment, medical and repatriation expenses by covering:
- Travel under the FCDO ‘Non-Essential’ European Travel Advice
- UK Test & Trace Notification – self-isolation is required before departure
- Vaccination – cancellation due to an adverse reaction
- Vaccination – non-completion of course due to unforeseen illness
The ‘new normal’ for international travel is the requirement for a negative PCR test. Most destinations require the test swab to have been taken a set amount of time before departure so it is best to check the latest up-to-date guidelines.
To make sure you have access to affordable private COVID-19 testing we’ve partnered with MyHealthChecked to offer you a special discounted rate.
MyHealthChecked is a government approved provider whose founding members are scientists! They offer testing kits that are 99.9% accurate at great prices:
|Test Type||Normal Price|
StartTravel Discounted Price
|Fit-to-Fly/ General Testing||£65.00||£58.50|
|Test to Release||£78.00||£70.20|
|Day 2 and Day 8 Tests||£136.00||£122.40|
|Day 2 COVID-19 Travel Test||£68.00||£61.20|
|Day 8 COVID-19 Travel Test||£68.00||£61.20|
To book your COVID-19 test kit at our special discounted rate visit www.myhealthchecked.com and use Start2021 when buying your kit.
As always, should you have any further questions or concerns then a member of our customer services team will be happy to help. Please contact us via telephone on 01206 655 000, Live Chat or our Online Contact Form.