Frequently Asked Questions
For all home emergencies occurring after 14 days from the start date of the policy:-
- If your policy is insured with AmTrust Europe Limited, with an inception date on or before 31st March 2019, please call our 24 hour assistance centre on 0333 320 1156.
- If your policy is insured with Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Plc, with an inception date on or after 1st April 2019, please call our 24 hour assistance centre on 0333 320 1619.
A sudden, unexpected event at your home which requires immediate action to:-
- Prevent damage or avoid further damage to your home.
- Render the home safe or secure.
- Restore the main services to your home.
- Alleviate any health risk to you.
No, you must not contact your own contractor. Please telephone our 24 hour assistance centre, detailed in your policy wording and insurance schedule, as soon as possible and we will arrange for an approved contractor to visit your property or if it becomes necessary we will give you authority to claim alternative accommodation costs.
Wasps’ nests, hornets’ nests, rats and/or mice.
- Our approved contractor’s reasonable and properly charged labour costs, parts and materials.
- The cost of a single night's alternative accommodation where we have agreed that it is necessary because your home is unfit to stay in (if included in your level of cover).
We will pay the contractor's costs up to the amount shown in your policy schedule, but you must obtain authorisation from us before agreeing to pay anything. However, you will need to pay for any costs for alternative accommodation and claim this back from us.
Please see the exclusions section of your policy wording for the full list of exclusions applicable.
From the 1st April 2019 this service is provided on startrescue.co.uk's behalf by agents appointed by the policy administrator, Legal Insurance Management Ltd, who are authorised to administer the insurance on behalf of the insurer, Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Plc.