Breakdown information and advice
In the event of a breakdown, please call 08450 948440
We will ask you for the following information:
- Your return phone number. This is to ensure that if, for any reason, the connection is lost we can call you back immediately.
- Your policy number which can be found on the breakdown policy schedule.
- Your vehicle registration number.
- Your precise location details or as accurate as you can possibly provide.
- Details of the problem with the vehicle.
We will take your details and ask you to remain by the phone. Once we have made all the arrangements, we will call to advise who will be coming out to you and how long they are expected to take.
Alternatively you can download and install our free 'Start Rescue' app to your smartphone. Once installed you just need to complete a simple registration process and you're good to go!
In the event of a breakdown:
- Load the app
- Select the 'Report Breakdown' option
- Wait for the app to locate you, confirm the location displayed on the map and select 'Continue'
- You will then be presented with a list of common faults with a vehicle. Select the option you believe to be the fault and press 'Send Report'
- The details are then sent to our rescue co-ordinators whom will review the details and call you back to confirm the situation and arrange assistance