Breakdown Repair Insurance - How it works
For just £59.95… and an excess per claim of £25.00, you can protect your vehicle and your pocket against faults to the engine, fuel system, clutch, gearbox, steering, brakes, electrics and more for a full year.
It’s so easy… if we can’t repair your vehicle, we will recover it to a specialist who will discuss the repairs with our claims service. All you need to do is to pay your £25.00 excess and any costs which aren’t covered, or are above the £500.00 (including VAT) claim limit. You can even claim up to five times a year. Breakdown repair insurance could not be much easier!
You just need to:
- Claim through the startrescue.co.uk Breakdown Repair Insurance Service, details are in your policy wording.
- Ensure the nominated vehicle is serviced by a suitable garage and in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Understand a claim cannot be made within the first 14 days of cover commencing and cover will cease at the same time as your startrescue.co.uk breakdown policy.
- Read and place a copy of the terms and conditions in your vehicle.
- Nominate a vehicle with the startrescue.co.uk breakdown cover in force which has covered no more than 100.000 miles and is 10 years old or under at the time of purchase.
Your vehicle can only be considered as the insured vehicle under this breakdown repair cover policy if it:
- is less than 10 years old at the start date;
- has covered less than 100,000 miles at the start date;
- is a car or light commercial vehicle (LCV) weighing less than 3,500 kg Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW). This does not include scooters, motorcycles, buses, coaches, LCVs greater than 3,500 kg GVW, trucks, heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) or taxis;
- has been serviced within the 12 month period prior to the start date; and
- is taxed and insured in accordance with United Kingdom law and maintained in a safe and roadworthy condition and serviced in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations during the period of insurance.
You must also have startrescue.co.uk breakdown cover in relation to the insured vehicle throughout the term of this car repair insurance policy.